Applying for Your Baby’s Birth Certificate, T&T
The application process for a Birth Certificate just got easier with the newly implemented online system.
If you are applying for the Birth Certificate for your New Born Baby, be sure to register your baby first, if your baby has not been registered you cannot obtain a birth certificate.
To apply for any certificate, you will need;
A valid credit card:
- Cost per certificate – $25.00 TTD
- Convenience fee – for one certificate and registered post – $3.16 TTD
- Delivery via registered post within Trinidad and Tobago – $23.00 TTD
Registration documents and birth details:
- Given name of child, as it appears on the birth record
- Date of birth of the child
- Given name of mother
- Current surname of mother
- Maiden surname of mother
The following documents ready for upload:
- If you are ordering the birth certificate of a child for whom you are the person having responsibility for the child / Legal Guardian, you will be required to upload the Court Order that proves this.
- If you have changed your name, you will be required to upload your Marriage Certificate, Deed Poll, or Statutory Declaration to support your application
- Two forms of valid identification Passport/Driver’s permit/National Identification Card
- Proof of address – eg a utility bill, not more than three months old
An email address that is frequently used.